Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Wednesday 2 October 2024

2nd October 2024

Yesterday I started a 31 day horror movie binge.  I intend to watch at least one horror film per night and then rate them the next day.

First up is a film that I have had for a few years and never got round to watching until last night.  Its a Guillermo Del Toro Film called Pan's Labyrinth

PAN'S LABYRINTH



I must admit that this was not what I expected (but in a good way).  Its a strange surreal fantasy in which a young girl in 1944 goes, with her pregnant mother, to live with a Spanish Captain, to whom her mother is now married.  The girl lives in fairy tales and inadvertently becomes embroiled in a very dark one.
Whilst the main story is about the girl and the fairy tale, there is also a background story of a group of men who have refused to be ruled by the Spanish government and are hiding in some hills.  The Captain is a sadistic ruthless man whose main aim is to see that every man that is holed up in the mountains dies.
It is a Spanish film but the subtitles are well done and not rushed.
Its a good story, well written, well acted.  Its definitely an adult film as some of the scenes are quite graphic.

All in all a good start to my Horror Binge and I will give it 8 out of 10.  Definitely worth a watch :)

No comments: