Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Day 8 of my 31 day horror film binge.  Definitely a strange one this time. Mr Jones



Well what can I say about this one?  Well I will start with bizarre, weird, strange and end with 'what the hell did I just watch'.  This is one of those films that is technically known as a 'mind fuck'.  Its a bizarre concept and even after the credits went up at the end, I still had no clue as to what it was about.
I have a creative mind and am always thinking outside the box, however when that box is in another box, that is in another box and so on...... even I draw a blank.
The idea is a young married couple have decided to up sticks and move to the country where they begin filming a documentary about life in the country.  Whilst there they soon find strange scarecrow like figures that appear to be connected to a mysterious figure known only as Mr Jones.  This figure apparently sent lots of these scarecrow things to various people across America for no reason that anyone can figure.
Being young and foolish they decide to dig deeper which is where the film spirals out of control.  I can honestly say you will probably enjoy this more smoking a joint, and maybe then you will be able to figure out what the hell is going on.  Camera flashes and lots of blurred and strangely coloured shots make this a definite no no for epileptics.  It made my head hurt.  I will give it 2 out of 10.

No comments: