Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Thursday 10 October 2024

Day 9 of my 31 day horror film binge.   Creepy, atmospheric, haunting.  Sinister


I have to admit that this is one of my favourites of the last twenty to thirty years.  I have seen it before but I will watch it again several times.  It has everything that makes a good horror film.  Recognisable actor (Ethan Hawke), supernatural moments galore, strange camera angles and ghostly appearances.  Its about a writer who moves his family into a house where a family was found hung from a tree and a little girl went missing.  He was a fiction writer but has taken to writing about real life killings.  I think what makes this even creepier is that he knows what happened in the house and yet doesn't tell his wife and kids.  He finds an old movie tape projector in the attic in a box with several films.  Upon watching the films he discovers more linked murders where children went missing.  Enough spoilers.  I will let you watch it and be creeped out, its worth it.  The story unfolds and gets darker by frame. Enjoy. I would give this a huge nine out of ten.  One of my all time favourites.




No comments: