Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 22 February 2013

Good and Bad

Well first the bad.  Poor Deb is only just getting over her chest infection and has now been left with a rather nasty cough that is getting on her nerves.  The weather doesn't help as the temperature has dropped again and last night it was -2 (not cold for some i know).  Been having a lot of back pain and its now become a mystery as (GOOD NEWS) my scans on the base of my spine have come back and they show that there is no problem (good but now i am baffled as to what is causing it.  Been told by various people that:

a: could be my condition (doctor and mum)
b: could be old age (sister and tony)
c: could be dry rot (Thanks mick)

On better news my Ipad3 arrived the other day and I have been playing with it, downloading apps and stuff. I really like it and once the cover I have ordered of Ebay arrives then I will feel safer transporting it around.  One of the great things I like about it is the amount of apps that are available for it.  My other devices for apps (Blackberry curve 8520 and Amazon Kindle Fire) are very limited in the number of apps available, but after doing some searching on the net I have found that there are literally thousands of apps available for the Ipad (the majority of them free).  So i have been downloading everything from wallpapers to sports apps, from tv players to skype.  Like a kid with a new toy...........lol

I like where Liverpool FC are going at the moment and I can see a lot of potential in the team.  I am not saying we are going to win the league anytime soon, but we are building a team that can fight for its rightful top four place.  This season has been a washout concerning trophies and even attempting to win them but i think that Brendan Rogers needs at least another season to show us what he can do.  The players I liked the look of over the last week (the 5-0 hammering of Swansea and the impressive 3-1 defeat of Zenit last night in the Europa League) are the the new signing of Coutinho.  He looks a pacy player who gets in to good positions and can finish too as he proved scoring on his full debut against Swansea.  I also like the look of Assaidi who showed last night that he too has pace and ability and fits in with the way Brendan likes his teams to play.  I have to say though that the player that I think will make a big difference to us is Suarez's new upfront partner Daniel Sturridge.  I always knew he had pace and ability when he was at Chelsea and he has brought that to Liverpool.  He can make a good partnership with Suarez and has already found the net several times.  I thought we were really unlucky to go out of Europe last night and was over the moon with how the lads performed after going 3-0 down on aggregate (dont worry Jamie we all make mistakes, ask Martin Skrtel............).  Suarez was on fire and his two free kicks were world class, especially the second one.  It was nice to see Joe Allan score as well and if Shelvey had scored then it could have all been so different.  Ah well no point on dwelling on what might have been, we have to cement our place in the top 6 by beating Wigan away at the weekend.  Come on the Poooooooooooooool.

We finished Grimm season 1 and I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it.  There was just the right amount of gore, violence and humor to make it really involving and we are looking forward to watching the second season.  Tonight we start on a series that was recommended to us a while ago but was never at the top of our viewing agenda.  Game of Thrones.  Both me and Deb have heard good things about it either word of mouth or social media comments and are looking forward to seeing if it is as good as people say it is.

Book wise I have finally finished Eric Sykes biography and have now started on a totally different book altogether.  Miranda Hart - It it just me?.  So far I am loving it and it has me giggling to myself the more i read.  For anyone who has watched and enjoyed her Tv show then this is a must read.  The anecdotes and stories from her life are hilarious and sometimes its just like watching an episode of Miranda.

Well not much else to say other than hope our Nephew Shaun makes a quick recovery and is back on his feet in next to no time.  He has had an operation on his foot that took three hours. ouchhhhhhh !!!!

Bye for now and will update again soon.


No comments: