Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Saturday 16 February 2013

Start of the year illnesses

I suppose that if you are going to get ill then the January/February time is the best time to do it.  I think that most of us get ill at this time, whether its a simple cold or full blown flu.  I had a cold for a few days that thankfully didn't turn into anything more serious.  A couple of days of nose running and fuzzy head (including a 36 hour headache that drove me nuts) and after taking some Beechams the symptoms subsided and I made a recovery.  Deb wasn't so lucky.  She got the full chest infection that lasted over a week and has left her with a chesty cough that she is only just getting over.  As we have both been under the weather we haven't got out at all (except for the doctors, medical center and chemist).  The one thing I will say is that being ill lets you catch up on your TV programs or films that you have wanted to watch.

We finally finished Lost season 6 (final season) and all i can say without giving too much away is it leaves more questions than answers and to me was just a big cop-out where it looks the writers have just run out of ideas.

We have also managed to watch the final season of Fringe and in contrast this actually had an ending that made sense and wrapped up the series nicely.  I will miss this series as it has been one of the most gripping sci-fi dramas for a long time.

If anyone is thinking of buying the Universal Playback series of the UKTV series Bread i would think twice as they have completely messed up the series.  Series 1 and 2 are fine and run in order without any mess up, however series 3 is down as being 6 episodes and series 4 as 7 episodes.  After checking this i have found out that series 3 should be 13 episodes and the 7 episodes of series 4 are actually episodes 7-13 of series 3.  What a mess up.  Well unfortunately they didn't bring out any more series on DVD (as of yet) and if they did I have no idea how they are going to do it because series 5 will in reality be series 4 and so on.  As there were only 7 series made I cant imagine how they will get away with it.

Started watching another two series.  First one is called Once Upon a time and to be honest i am having a job getting into it.  Its got a good story and good characters but to me its the kind of program that could be on in the afternoon, there is just no suspense in it (maybe i am getting old...........lol).  As i have only watched three episodes i might be a bit pre-emptive in my judgement.  Will let you know.

The second series is called Grimm and is right up my street.  Its got a good story line, great specials, good cast and credible situations.  We are watching the first series at the moment and are up to episode nine or ten (cant remember).  I would recommend it to Supernatural fans as some elements are similar.

Also been watching more of the excellent series Boardwalk Empire and am one episode away from the end of the first season.  I have season two on standby.

I have not bought much of the internet lately although i have pre-ordered the new Depeche Mode album and single that come out in March.  The single is called heaven and this is the youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy7FzXLin7o

The new album is called Delta Machine and comes out on 25th March.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delta-Machine-Depeche-Mode/dp/B00B69UQEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361027610&sr=8-1

Also managed to get the last four Pet Shop Boys singles to add to my collection as i have fell behind slightly.


Not done a lot else with being ill other than lots of surveys.  Also heard of my survey home company to let me know that i will get my Ipad 3 in two weeks. Yeyyyyyyyyyyy

No comments: