Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 19 April 2015

Ok where is this year going?

Its now two thirds of the way through April and I cannot believe how fast this year is going.  It seems like five minutes since I was opening my Christmas presents and then a week later wishing everyone a Happy New Year.!!!!!!

Well so far this year we have had a brilliant week in Leicester with sis and mum (Sarah and Janet Hovell).  It was sis's 40th birthday and she very kindly invited us down there to spend the entire week with her and her mum.  We had a truly awesome time and though sometimes people get bored when they are away for a week, I can honestly say we didn't have time...........lol

We arrived on Monday the 16th March and apart from one day where we all stayed in (the following Sunday) we were out every day.  Not me as I got to stay in on the Saturday too while Deb, sis and mum all went to a craft fair (definitely not my scene).  So poor me had to suffer a day of lazing about on the sofa and watching netflix.  Its a hard life but someone has got to do it. :)

In the time we were there we shopped at Leicester town centre, Loughborough and Hinckley.  A lot of walking I can tell you but worth it as the days were very enjoyable.  Sarah had a great birthday on the 19th and in the evening we went for a meal at the poshest Wetherspoons I have ever been called The White House.  My sister Mandi watched out ever faithful dog Jess for the week and it must have been hard for the dog having a massive back yard to run and play in !!!!!

Its been a strange old three months with various family issues most of them concerning health problems (some of them mine), but here we are coming up to the warmer months of the year and we all appear to be fighting fit (well almost).

We have just had my Sister Mandi and Nephew Oliver staying with us for a few days.  I was supposed to be accompanying Oliver on his trip to Anfield last Saturday but unfortunately I was not well enough to go :(
He had a great time and he even managed to get my Liverpool shirt signed by two more of my Anfield heroes.  So now I have a shirt signed by Jimmy Case, Alan Kennedy, John Aldridge and Phil Neal.  Not bad if I do say so myself.
They only stayed here from the Friday to the Tuesday but it was enjoyable enough.

Deb has got into baking (The Great British Bake off has a lot to answer for) and has planned a lot of cakes she wants to make.  This means that I will have to be guinea-pig and try all the cakes (Another hard job, dont know how I cope :) , but I do).  We are also in the process of transforming our small box bedroom into a craft room for Deb.  Its about time she had one as her craft stuff is all over the place and it makes it difficult for her to find anything.

I have finally succumbed and joined the infamous xbox live gold.  I decided to give it a go as they now give away free games to download each month.  In two days I have downloaded Army of two;The Devils Cartel and also Assassins Creed Black Flag.  Well that is almost worth the price of the gold membership there !!!!!!!

Football wise Liverpool are having a strange season and this afternoon we play Aston Villa in the F.A.Cup Semi-Final.  I have a bad feeling about it but it depends on which Liverpool team show up.  If its the team that plays good football and runs their opponents ragged while maintaining their discipline then we have a good chance, but is its the team that played away to Besiktas in the Europa League then we are going to get hammered.  Who can say?

I am still doing some writing when i can get motivated to do it.  I have hundreds of ideas for stories but with me being ill for the last few weeks its hard to get my head around them.  Well my health appears to be improving so who knows what the next few weeks will bring.

I have a new hobby/collection thanks to a certain person from Leicester.  I now collect Funko pop figures and what started with one at Christmas (said person got me the Swedish Chef from the Muppets) has now turned into ten more figures which include Groot, Dancing Baby Groot, Starlord and Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy. grrrrrrrrrrr@sis

Adios amigos and catch up again real soon.  Be good.  And as a sadly missed actor was famous for saying 'LIVE LONG AND PROSPER'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have nooooooooo idea who this person is that got you into funkos...ahem ;) they are toooo cute