Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Weather to Change


She smiled at me this morning
So I think it might be a blue sky day
The stormy clouds of last night have settled
the rain appears to have gone away
Its only a smile but it seems to help
I cant remember too much about last night
I cant recall what I did wrong
Why she wanted to start a fight
The weather changes constantly
I must be careful what I say and how
Because one wrong word, a simple glance
The blue sky could become snow

It doesnt seem that long ago
When the sun shone all the time
Each day she would steal my heart
Her perfect act of crime
Our summer days would last forever
The heat would not dissipate
But the love of sun and blue sky days
Are now hurricane days of hate
So I sit here and hope it continues
Hope my smile stays and it doesn't look strange
For I know if it slips and looks like a frown
How quickly the weather can change

Jason Cotton
25/09/2012

©Sonofdel2012

No comments: