Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Wednesday 12 September 2012

What is........


What is paradise? What is paradise to you?
Is it standing on a beach, looking at an ocean blue?
Staring at a faint horizon that promises places new
Knowing in your heart that's a dream that will come true
Tell me is that paradise to you?

What is living? What is living to you?
Is it waking each new morning so you can hear the birds sing?
Is it watching the sun rise to see what the day will bring?
Or do you prefer to thank someone for taking the time to ring?
Is that living? Is that living to you?

What is hope? What is hope to you?
Is it wanting an end to the troubles that you see?
Is it wanting to find the perfect love that cannot be?
Or do you want something more, like lots of money maybe?
Is that hope? Is that hope to you?

What is love? What is love to you?
Is it holding hands and feeling part of something new?
Is it crying tears of joy when you hold a person true?
Or is it having someone that can make the grey sky blue?
Is that love? Is that love to you?

To me my paradise is anywhere you are
Its the sky above me and each and every star
Its the earth I walk upon each and every day
My paradise is with you and its where I want to stay

Living to me happens each time we speak
A feeling inside so strong, that makes my body weak
Its knowing when the darkness comes you are by my side
Laughing with your smiles and drying tears you've cried

Hope is something I keep close to my heart
Hoping you will never leave me and that we will never part
Looking at you and hoping these days will never go
Hoping that the love for me you will always show

love to me is everything about you that makes me smile
Its the journey that we walk together, every single mile
Its in the kisses that you give me and the feelings deep within
Its knowing that my life will end with you from where it did begin

Jason Cotton
11/09/2012
©Sonofdel 2012

No comments: