Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Thursday 19 July 2012

40th Birthday

I was somewhat overwhelmed with all the birthday greetings I got from facebook and also the amount of people that asked me how my day went, so here goes.

I awoke at 8.30am, dressed and came downstairs.  About ten minutes later the rest of the house (my fiancee Deb, best friend Sarah and mum) came down and joined me.  We sat at the table enjoying a first cup of tea of the day and then they all disappeared and reappeared five minutes later laden with bags and cards.  I opened all my cards and presents.  I received.

DVD Boxset of Bourne Films
DVD boxset of Billy Connolly stand up
Only Fools and Horses Monopoly
Three T-Shirts (2 only fools and horses and a Dads army one)
Animal notebook
Beaker and Animal Plush toys (12 inch tall)
Socks x 2 pairs (Fab at 40)
Small photoframe keyring
Mug and Coaster sets x 2
Tankard and Bottle Opener Set (Only Fools and Horses)
Huge 40 Badge

After opening these and answering various phone calls I then enjoyed a nice bacon sandwich and another cup of tea.  Once this was finished I was sent out of the house for a couple of hours.  Tony took me upto Micks and while there I enjoyed a couple of glasses of a very nice white wine and talked about all sorts.

At about 12.45 I was driven back home to find that the street had been decorated with 40 banners andballoons.  They had even put posters of me in various funny poses that had been taken over the years all over the lamp posts.  I entered the house to find more banners and balloons and also that there was a party planned for me.  As well as the people mentioned above there was also my sister Paula and my Brother in Law Andy, Tonys mum Janet and our other friend Sarah.  I opened more cards and was given more presents including a large leather book that contained the history of Liverpool FC from 1906 to 2011, a Liverpool Beanie Hat, £20, and also a Limited Edition Dragon Cuckoo Clock that had been brought for me by most of the people there.  I also had four bottles of wine given to me by Mick.  As I went into the hall I was informed by Deb that my main present hadnt arrived and she proceeded to tell me what it was.  She had paid for a VIP trip to anfield for me and a friend (had to be Sarah), a 3 course VIP lunch in one of the executive boxes, a tour of the stadium and trophy room and a meet with a Liverpool Legend.  I was stunned into silence !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The buffet was really nice and everyone had made such an effort to make my day so special.  We talked and socialized for the rest of the day and later in the afternoon Tony brought me round another present which was another DVD, the boxset of Duty Free.

I had a few drinks and as the people left in the evening it got nice and quiet and me and Sarah had a couple of Jim Beam and cokes to finish of the night.  I went onto the Play website and decided to spend my £20.  I bought Harpers Island and The New Statesmen Boxsets.  I also went onto facebook and caught up with all my emails and messages.  It was a hectic day but it was also a day I will never forget.


Today I got up at about 9.30 and after we had all sat around talking for a bit the post arrived.  Here was my main present.  All the details about my Anfield trip there in colour right in front of me.  I had to look twice to believe it.  We cant wait to go (we can go any time in the next ten months).  At about midday we all went town and met up with Paula and Andy and went for a meal at a lovely town pub called The Rose and Crown.  It was a really nice family meal and everything went good.  After leaving there we decided to have a walk through town and I got another couple of DVD's.  The excellent Hostage with Bruce Willis and the timeless Italian Job (the Michael Caine version).  I waited outside the Disney shop while Deb, Sarah and my mum went to look around.  When they came out I found out my mum had bought me Swedish Chef to go with the other two she had already got me.  By the time we got home we were all worn out and we have been chilling for the rest of the evening

No comments: