Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 8 July 2012

Come on Andy

Well its been a strange few days, especially weather wise.  We have had sun, rain, wind, thunder and lightning and all within four days.  The thunder wasn't much but it was enough to scare our dog who didn't know what to do with her self.  She was either snuggled up next to me at my computer desk or snuggled up to Deb while she was designing on her laptop.

Good news on the sport front this week so far.  England have once again showed how good they are at one day cricket by taking a 3-0 lead against Australia and now people are complaining because we didn't win easy enough (some people are never satisfied).

Wimbledon provided us with some good news (for a nice change) Andy Murray through to the Wimbledon Mens Final (as i write this he is 1-0 up in sets).  I think back to a few days before Wimbledon started and I was on yahoo sport because i had just heard that Murray had been given a tough draw.  What amazed me was how negative people were i.e. he wont get past Davydenko and if he does he wont get past Karlovic and if he does.....etc.etc.   I am glad he has proved all those people wrong but even if he wins i bet there will still be those who say "well he wont win it next year" LOL

Havent done a lot in the last few days as the weather has been detrimental to our activities.  We have walked the dog a few times and she has definitely settled in perfectly (she is as mad as we are now :)  ).

Have finished my Steptoe and Son boxset and I am very disappointed because they have cut one of the christmas specials.  I hate it when they do this because it spoils the program if you have already seen it in its entirety.  While I am on my soap box there is another thing that really gets to me about TV.  Why oh why do they insist on hypeing up a program with interviews and stories in the tv guides and then cancel it as it gets interesting.  This has happened a lot recently and to name one example Terra Nova.  A great sci-fi/futuristic fantasy series and after one series (and leaving you with a million questions) they have axed it.  I suppose that is the problem with the UK getting a lot of American shows, we never know when they will be taken off.

Me and Deb settled down to watch a movie last night (first one for a while).  We watched Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon and I didnt think it was too bad at all.  It was obvious that most of the budget went on the Robotics and Special Effects and it was very visually appealing.  It was also cool to hear the great Leonard Nimoy voicing one of the Autobots.  My main gripe was them replacing the leading woman Megan Fox.  The new actress was very transparent in her acting.  She tried but i think that the film lost a lot of its appeal for me because of the change (and Sarah stop smiling please as you are reading this).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I smile because you are right and Megan Fox is SEXY!! lol.Great new additions to you're poetry my friend,wonderful work as always,see ya both on saturday ;)