Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 1 July 2012

Decades


I remember the 70's but only a little
for I was born in 72
and I remember the queens jubilee in 77
waving my flag, red white and blue
The red hot summer of 76
with temperatures of 30 every day
and I remember the infant school where I was educated
funny how the years slip away

now into the eighties and this was my time
the decade where I spent most of my teens
from the early computers, the spectrums, the commodores
and having fun in the years inbetween
the music I listened to, erasure, depeche mode
pet shop boys, duran duran and much more
buying vinyl that I just had to own
playing loud until a knock on my door

well the nineties they came and my real life started
here was the chance to build a career
learning computers and office work, writing games and software
and finally old enough to drink beer
having my first proper relationship
and learning the hardships of life
believing that my life would just go on and on
while dealing with anguish and strife

well the millenium reared its head and a new century began
and for me it was to be a wonderful year
for this was when I met my fiancee Deb
and my future became crystal clear
well its 2012 now and as I approach 40
I look back at my life and its journey to date
but I see a future with smiles and tears yet to fall
and the paths that it will create

Jason Cotton
01/07/2012
©Sonofdel 2012

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt like I was going through the years with you then.Awesome writing as always :)