Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Happy 4th July

To all those that celebrate it just wanted to wish you all a very happy 4th July :)

Well on my last update I pointed out that I was looking forward to the Euro 2012 final and to be honest it didn't really live up to the billing.  I thought that Spain deserved to win but not 4-0.  I also thought that Italy were desperately unlucky to lose two players through injury (one only four minutes after coming on).  I think Spain are a showboating team and I really don't believe that they are as good as they think they are.  They are enjoying a good spell of wins at the moment but I can almost guarantee that it will end soon. Its like anything, all good things come to an end.  Look at the domination of Brazil in the seventies.  Argentina were awesome in the eighties and even France had their time in the limelight, but look now.

Went town yesterday and once again went into poundland and picked up a ridiculous spoof film (which i would not have bought for any more than the £1 we paid for it).  Its called Rubber and its about a killer tyre (yes you read that correct).  I like b-movies and it will be good for a laugh if nothing else.

Had some more Amazon vouchers on Monday night and so I ordered

1)  Steptoe and Son and Steptoe and Son ride again double movie pack
2)  Hitchikers guide to the galaxy (the series not the film)
3)  Surgical Spirit boxset

I love tv comedy and tv series and these will make a good addition to our collection.  I have almost finished the boxset of Steptoe and only have the christmas specials to watch.  We are about halfway through the series of Fringe we are watching and have no idea what we are watching next.

Only ten days until I fetch my sis Sarah from Leicester and my mum from Stoke.  Only two weeks until 40 aaaaaghhhhhhhhh !!!!

Heard not long ago that we have lost a comedy legend today ............R.I.P. Eric Sykes 1923-2012

No comments: