Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 29 June 2012

Good Final Looming

Right so its 18.49 on the 29th June and i cant help wondering where the heck did June go???

Seems a day or so ago that we were welcoming June in and now we are ready to wave it goodbye.  Its also hard to believe that its been three weeks since the Euro 2012 started and on Sunday its the final !!!!!!!!!!  On that note would just like to say i thought that Portugal were unlucky to lose against Spain and commend them for the way they played.  I thought that they played the better football and deserved to go through to the final.  I think Spain passed the ball to death and completely spoiled the game.  Getting knocked out on penalties is tough (ask England) and i hope one day there is another way to end these matches (no idea what though).  I think that Fabregas saying that he talked to the ball has emphasized to me how much Spain have lost the plot.

Last nights game was another matter altogether.  I really enjoyed how both teams wanted to attack right from the start and although Germany tried i think Italy had the perfect game plan and the germans just couldnt handle Balotelli.  I am not his greatest fan but last night i think he had the game of his life.  His movement both on and off the ball was brilliant to watch and he took both of his goals superbly.  Overall i dont think that the germans could argue that the best team won on the night.  I am really looking forward to the final and I hope Italy can finally bring Spain crashing back down to reality.  Come on ITALY !!!!!!!!!!!

My new cd arrived today and I played it this afternoon.  Fun are a very talented group of musicians and singers and i believe that they will go even further.

I also listened to another cd this afternoon that i have had for several weeks but hadnt had the chance to enjoy.  Its from one of my all time favourite groups called Depeche Mode and the cd is called Sounds of the Universe.  As i own every studio album that they have released there was never a danger that i wouldnt like this but it was nice to hear them doing what they have always done best, keeping their style and letting Dave do the business with his unique voice.  I would say this is up there with some of their best work.  It has hints of Ultra about it but also encompasses some similar sounds to Playing the Angel.  I would give it 5 stars *****

Havent really done much else except last night we settled down to watch another three episodes of the excellent Fringe.


No comments: