Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Saturday 23 June 2012

It didnt stop !!!!!!!

Well we gave it our best shot last night and eventually had to concede to the rain.  It rained for a solid 24 hours and by the time it was finished i swear i saw Noah and his ark go past twice............  :)

Because of the torch parade not happening (for us) i decided to try out my new X-box game Lego Batman 2.  I know what you are thinking.........childish game right............well to be honest YES and i don't care......lol.  I have made it a point to collect every lego game on the xbox and let me tell you that they have given me hours and hours of countless fun.  From the first Star Wars Lego to the newest Batman one they have all had their good points.  I have recently found out that the next one is to be Lego Lord of the Rings (yeyyyyyyyyyyy).

Well I pre-ordered the game and it arrived yesterday.  I think i did well because i waited over 6 hours after having it before i tried it out (a miracle for me).  It was strange because this is the first Lego game where the characters actually speak in human voices instead of the usual incomprehensible gabble.  I have only played the first two missions and already i can tell that its going to be a good game.  Will keep you upto date in further posts.  I realised yesterday that there are still four or five lego games that i have yet to complete including the Harry Potter and Indiana Jones 2 ones.  Shall have to dig them out and complete them.

After an hour or two of playing i decided to watch the football.  It was Germany v Greece and there were times when it looked like the teams shouldn't have even been on the same pitch such was the difference in class.  Germany attacked from the off and after wasting a handful of chances they eventually scored to lead 1-0 at the break.  In the second half there was more German pressure which is why it came as a surprise to see Greece draw level with a well taken goal on the break.  The excitement didn't last long though as the Germans quickly made it 2-1 then 3-1 then 4-1 with some well taken goals before Greece had a late penalty.  It finished 4-2 and has seen Germany progress to the Semi-final where they will play the winner of tomorrow nights game between Italy and England.  Portugal will play the winner of tonight's match between Spain and France.

Its good to be back writing again and nice to know that people still like my work (thanks for the comments about my poem The River).  The poem I have written today is a day in the life of the latest addition to the household.  She is a German Shepherd/Lurcher cross called Jess.

No comments: