Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 22 June 2012

The River


I remember when we walked, talked and held hands
First time together, the sun beating down, our hearts melting
We sat and smiled, time stood still, everything disappeared
We were alone, we were together, the river reflected our smiles
We threw our cares into the wind and they were carried away
We stood and watched as the river, the smooth river, flowed ever on

I remember all the times that we walked by that river
We saw days where the sun reflected of its glass surface and dazzled us
Days where the mist dropped and covered its surface, nothing could be seen
There were times when the cold enveloped it and hardened its surface
The ice too fragile to walk on but it glistened like buried crystals
We saw all those days, as we walked down by the river

Its all gone now and I stand here with the memories, clinging to them
You went away and now the river seems to mock me
It carries on flowing and its surface looks black and evil to me
I stand by its side and wonder what went wrong, why did you go?
Above me the blue sky is no more, the dark clouds congregate
and as the rain starts to fall so do my tears, into the river.

Jason Cotton
22/06/2012

©Sonofdel 2012

1 comment:

♥Mystery Designs♥ said...

As always, beautifully written my sweetie. You know I love your poetry and I have missed reading your work. Good to have you back and look forward to reading more. Love you <3