Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Monday 25 June 2012

Penalties again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what a day Sunday and Monday turned out to be.  Lets start with the cd's i was reviewing.

1) Maroon 5 - Overexposed.  A good cd with some very catchy and upbeat tunes Adam Levine once again is in good voice no more so than on the excellent Payphone.  I also particularly liked the choices of songs as the subject matter ranges from the fun element to the more serious side of relationship breakups.  I would give it a 4 star rating ****

2) Gotye - Making Mirrors.  Again another good cd with a lot of very easy to listen tunes.  Very Enigmaesque in places and the stand out tracks for me were the catchy Somebody that i used to know and the very cleverly synthesized track State of the art (which is about new technology).  A pleasant enough cd for me but wont be to everyone's liking.  I would give it a 3 star rating ***

3) Fun. - Some Nights.  This cd quite literally blew me away.  From the very first track I was completely hooked.  I was worried that the track We are Young would prove to be all there was good about the cd but I am glad I was wrong.  Its kind of alternative rock in places and the stand out tracks for me are All Alright which is a nice song about when times are bad, Carry on which is another upbeat track that will get you singing along and the bonus track Out on the Town.  Three hours after listening to this cd I was purchasing it from Amazon.  I would give it 5 stars *****

After listening to music all afternoon I relaxed myself by watching the England V Italy Euro 2012 Quarter Final.  First of all let me say that Italy deserved to win on chances created and shots on goal but credit to England to getting it to penalties.  As in the past this proved our stumbling block and we went out 4-2 after Young and Cole missed for us and Montolivo missed for Italy.

I think overall England didn't have a bad tournament and can take a lot of positives from it.  We are an up and coming squad with a new manager and a lot of new faces on the pitch.  I thought that Gerrard was excellent as captain and proved his worth in Midfield too.  Glen Johnson to me was our best defender in the tournament.  Anyone who thought we might win it was slightly deluded and rather hopeful.  We never really looked capable of winning the tournament but fingers crossed for the world cup 2014 qualifiers.

We finished of the night with another episode of the excellent fantasy/sci-fi program Fringe.


Ok so I am including most of Monday on this blog page too as its 8.46pm at the moment.  I would have written this earlier but its been kind of a hectic day what with one thing and another.  First thing I did this morning was to get a vet appointment lined up for Jess (she has an ear infection :(   ).  I called the PDSA but they said it would be almost another 36 hours before they could see her.  I then rang around and got her an appointment with a vets that just happened to be a ten minute walk away from us.  We took her this afternoon and hopefully her infection will clear up soon.

After sorting out the dog i rang our landlord about us not being able to get out the front door.  He sent someone round and although he has sorted out the problem for now its a definite that the door will have to be replaced with a new one.  The carpenter has done a good job and at least now we can get out the door.............lol


No comments: