Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Saturday 23 June 2012

Jess




I come down the stairs and there she is
Blurred reflection through the dining room door
Tell her to lie down but its no use
Her excitement gets the better of her and she jumps madly
I try to calm her down but give in eventually
I sit and she is all over me, paws and tongue saying hello
I stroke her and she relaxes in my arms
She hears deb and I know she will do the same to her
I wait until she closes the door and release her
She almost knocks deb to the floor in her excitement

Deb feeds her and after this ritual she is walked
She returns to a treat if she has been good
She spends the rest of the morning asleep
A contented look on her face makes us both smile
She wakes and thinks its time to play
She chases through the house like a tornado
Fur falling from her as she rolls on the carpet
She fetches her ball and I hear the squeaking as I sit at my pc
Occasionally she brings it to us and waits
Waits for one of us to pick it and throw it

Its midday and time for another walk
We take her together, her excitement never wavers
She pulls and whines in her anticipation of freedom
I try and keep up with her but she is too agile for me
I grin as I see deb trying to control her and calm her
No chance, she is out and this is her time
In the afternoon more sleeping and playing
She comes for a fuss when she needs one
A bark and I know that someone has entered our gate
Another walk, a feed, some more fusses, a dogs life

Another day tomorrow, another day with Jess.

Jason Cotton
23/06/2012

©Sonofdel 2012

No comments: