Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 24 June 2012

No Rain............well almost :)

Ok so it stopped raining and held off for about 18 hours until the heavens opened once more.  Its quite calm here now, overcast but humid.  Its been a nothing sort of day today, but then again it is Sunday.

The dog finally got to go for a proper walk yesterday and because of the rain our wooden front door expanded. We got it open but then it took about 30 minutes to get it closed.  We have now decided to wait until tomorrow morning and get the landlord to come and rescue us........lol   I suppose thats what happens when you have a wooden door.  This has happened before and the landlord has sent someone to shave a couple of inches of the bottom of the door.  If this goes on much longer we will be the only house in the street with saloon doors for the front door.........LMAO.

I am going to do something different this afternoon.  I have three cd's i want to listen too and i will give my verdict in tomorrows post (provided i listen to all three).  The three cd's are:

1) Maroon 5 - Overexposed (which includes the single Payphone)
2) Fun. - Some Nights (which contains the very catchy song We Are Young)
3) Gotye - Making Mirrors (which contains another song i cant get out of my head Somebody That I Used To Know)

I like Maroon 5 and have all their previous cd's.  Hope this will be as good as the rest.  The Fun. album is a tester as i have only heard one song from them and its very good, if the rest are as good then should be an ok listen.  I heard the Gotye song and couldn't get it out of my head.  Took me a while to figure out who sang it.  Someone told me they were called Gotye but i thought they meant Gaultier (as in Jean Paul Gaultier) and wondered why i couldnt find it (sometimes i can be a bit thick like that :) )

The football last night was a bit of a disappointment to me.  France didn't really look that bothered for most of the game and I think that they let Spain dictate and basically bore me to death (the game ended 2-0 but I had long since lost interest at that point).  It pains me to say this but I really hope that Portugal can beat Spain and end their smug superiority.  They seem to play now like they think that they own the pitch.  I feel sorry for Llorente who is an exceptional striker and so far hasn't played one minute as Spain seem to prefer playing with no strikers at the start and when they do bring on a striker it is evidently Torres !!!!!!!!!!!!

Finished of the night by watching the first episode of Season 4 of Fringe.  As its been a while since we saw Season 3 it took me a few minutes to catch up with the story and remember where it left off.  First episode wasn't too bad and hopefully watching more tonight after the little football match between England and Italy !!!!!!!!!!

Wow the excitement.  Its the biggest game this new England team have played so far and will be a real test of just how focused and determined they can be.  Italy will be out to prove their calibre on the world front so should be a good game.

No comments: