Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 3 November 2013

Interesting Saturday

Well the day started with horrible weather and it never really improved.  My sister Mandi went home today but before she went we all went to see my other sister and our nephews (and great-niece).  I don't know how my sister survives but if there are any medals for being a tolerant mother, she deserves one.  We only stayed an hour or so before we came back home in the now pouring rain.

Mandi and nephew Oliver left at about 1.00pm and I then took time out to catch up on all my emails and surveys.  I watched the Newcastle v Chelsea game and thought that Newcastle played well and deserved their 2-0 win.  At 3.00pm I decided to watch the Stoke v Southampton game and was witness to a very bizarre and rarely seen incident.  The ball was knocked back to the Stoke keeper and with only 12 seconds on the clock he kicked the ball up the other end of the pitch intending to pick out his forwards.  The ball bounced once just outside the area and looped over the opposing keepers head straight into the goal.  It was timed at 14 seconds !!!!!.  Unfortunately it didn't turn out to be the winner as Southampton equalized and it ended 1-1.

While watching the match I started to fall asleep and by 3.45 I was in bed.  I woke at just after 5.30 feeling a lot better and after spending a little time checking out how Liverpool were doing (they lost 2-0 at Arsenal but as I predicted 2-0 or 2-1 I wasn't that surprised).  Saturday night is always Debs TV night and she usually watches X-Factor followed by Strictly Come Dancing followed by Casualty which gives me time to watch a couple of films.

Tonight I watched three films that were as different and diverse as you can get. I will write them in the order I watched them.

1) The Marine.  This is a WWE film starring John Cena that has been out for a few years.  Its your typical run of the mill thriller where a bad guy ends up kidnapping a mans wife and he goes in pursuit.  Add in a few twists (that can be seen a mile off) and you get a good action film that does what it says on the tin.  Also add the bonus of Robert Patrick playing the head bad guy and you get slightly more.  I would give it **** (4 stars).

2)  The Devils Business. This is a Metrodome film and as such it is quite low budget with a cast of only five that I can recall.  Its a thriller/horror and the story is good if a little convoluted.  Its basically about two men who go to a house to kill a man for their boss and get more than they bargained for.  I would give it *** (3 stars).

3)  Human Traffic.  Ok so this was a weird film that has been out for years but which I had never got round to watching (until tonight).  Anyone who has seen Trainspotting will love this.  Its about five young adults and the rave drugs scene.  It is told as a narrative and tried to give an insight into all the characters without focusing on one in particular.  Having a cast including John Simm and Danny Dyer (also a cameo from Andrew Lincoln and Jo Brand playing the voice of reality) adds to the appeal also.  I would give it **** (4 stars).

Its now 2.00am on Sunday morning so I will bid you all adieu.

No comments: