Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 17 November 2013

Three Day Update and Scruff Alert !!

Ok its official, a beard and moustache don't  suit me.  I look like I am ten years older and I have never been so itchy...........lol.  As I write this there are only 13 days left of Movember and the crew are doing well.

Friday was a day where we stayed in waiting for parcels and they did arrive.  First of all there was a parcel of Leicester Sarah (we know two others).  It contained Christmas cards for us and also birthday cards and presents for both birthday and Christmas.  Arrived quickly as it was only sent the day before.  It appears that Royal Mail can deliver stuff quick if they desire.

A new game arrived for me today to go with my growing collection of X-box Lego games (if you think I am sad, tough, I love the games and the genre so there..........lol) and besides this I am a big kid at heart with dvd collections of Danger Mouse, Wacky Races, Dastardly and Mutley, Hong Kong Phooey, Mr Ben and lots more.  Anyway the game is DC Heroes and it is hilarious as all the lego games are.  The game itself has lots of levels and over a hundred playable characters.  Its the same style game as the others and I still can't get used to the characters having actual voices.  In the first few games in the series they used to just make weird garbled sounds.  I have so far played as Spiderman, Ironman, Mr Fantastic, The Hulk and Captain America.  I have encountered The Abomination, The Sandman and Dr Octopus.  No doubt there will be many more evil characters to fight and to unlock.  So far though its a really good game and very involving.

Still staying on the same theme I also played the first couple of levels on Rayman Legends and could hardly play for laughing at the cool graphics and ludicrous humour.  Right up my street !!!

Friday night and I watched England play a friendly against Chile and although I predicted a 2-1 result for Chile I was almost correct as we lost 2-0.  I applauded the effort we put in but the South Americans were far more skillful and tactically superb.  Their close skill on the ball made us look amateurish on the night although we didn't put out our strongest side by any means and having the likes of Adam Lallana and Jay Rodriguez in the squad proved that Roy was experimenting with his team.  We play Germany on Tuesday and that will be................interesting shall we say.  I was amused by one thing I read today.  I have been hearing that Chelsea want to sign Wayne Rooney (no new news there), but what I think is funny is that Chelsea player Schurlle has said that Rooney wouldn't make the cut off for the German national squad.  Just what you want to hear from a potential team mate...................LOL

Saturday and the day was quiet.  In the morning it was just the usual round of emails and Facebook gaming.  In the afternoon it was more of the same interspersed with phone calls from various family members.  In the evening I watched the Skrill Premier match between Barnet and Cambridge.  What an entertaining game and the skill of these lower league teams was astonishing.  This is where the real meat of football is.  These players don't suffer with over inflated ego's and financial motives.  They play for the passion of the game.  Its about winning not pulling out of a tackle because you might get hurt.  A real cracker of a game and it ended 2-2.

I decided to finish of my dvd's of Band of Brothers as I only had two episodes left.  The penultimate episode was the most moving and thought proving episode in the series.  Its called 'Why We Fight' and I wondered why it was called that until about twenty minutes or so in when the soldiers encounter a concentration camp for the first time and have no idea what it is or why it is there.  The actors in this particular episode were amazing as the horror and disbelief on their faces appeared so genuine that when it had finished I sat for several minutes contemplating the horrors and atrocities that happened in the second world war.  I watched the final episode where the war ends and it tells you what happened to the soldiers that went back home.  Some had good fortune and others had bad fortune but four or five were still alive and these were the ones whose true recollections made were the backbone of the series.  I would give this a ***** (5 star rating).  Its one of the best re-enacted dramatizations that I have ever seen.  I am looking forward to watching The Pacific.

As I put this boxset back on the shelf I decided that I would make a start on my Clint Eastwood box.  Its a dvd set of 35 of his films and I started with the classic war film Where Eagles Dare.  I have seen this film several times and I still love it.  From Richard Burton as Major Smith to the rest of the cast this is acting at its best.  Its strange to see film without the benefit of modern day CGI.  A film that is as raw today as it was back then in 1968.  Definitely a ***** (5 star film).  Tonight I am watching Kelly's Heroes.

Sunday morning and I was lazy and had a lie in.  First thing was to get that morning cup of tea.  I dont know about a lot of you but before I have that first drink I am impossible to communicate with.  I spent some of the morning chatting to people on the phone and sorting out general stuff on the internet.  In the early afternoon we had a visit from my brother-in-law Andy who had called to drop Deb's card of for tomorrow.  We had a coffee and a good catch up chat.  We don't see as much of him as we would like so its always nice to catch up.  After he had gone we returned to our computers and while deb did her own thing I decided to watch another lower league football match between Bradford and Coventry.  Again what a cracker and what an abundance of talent was on the pitch.  It was end to end and entertaining from the first minute to the last.  It ended 3-3 after a late penalty for Bradford.

Deb has just gone to watch her results shows from Strictly and X-Factor and I am just listening to my back catalogue from the amazing Within Temptation.  Speaking of which they have a new cd coming out in the new year called Hydra.  For more information on this amazing group go to http://www.within-temptation.com.  You will not be disappointed.  Also found out they have an amazing boxset coming out in early February.  Might add it to my wedding list................HA HA HA HA

No comments: