Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Monday 11 November 2013

Weekend Review

I have had quite an uneventful weekend in the fact that I didnt do much other than housework, gaming, email, dvd's and watching football.  Ok so not really uneventful.

Saturday I watched Liverpool beat Fulham 4-0 and was very impressed by the way they attacked from the very start.  I have to say that Fulham were atrocious and not the normal side that usually gives us a better game.  All the results helped Liverpool at the weekend. Chelsea only managed a draw thanks to a injury time penalty (that was never in a million years).  Everton only managed a draw.  Tottenham lost to Newcasle 1-0 at White Hart Lane and Arsenal were beaten 1-0 by Man United.  Add into that equation Sunderland beating Man City and I can honestly say that it was a great weekend.

On Saturday night I caught up with the Movember campaign and also sorted email and pictures that have been clogging up my pc.  I did find some time to play some of Batman Arkham City which is the next game in the Batman franchise.  Its more advanced than Asylum but at the moment I am just getting used to the complicated game structure.  Didn't watch any television on Saturday night.

Sunday was taken up with football and I watched Tottenham game, Sunderland game and Swansea V Stoke.  The last one of these was the most entertaining and had the most controversial moment in.  It started with Stoke getting two goals in the opening thirty minutes and dominating the first half.  The second half was totally different and Swansea tore Stoke apart again and again and deservedly turned the game around to lead 3-2.  In the dying moments a penalty was given to Stoke and though I tried I couldnt make out anything definite or deliberate that merited the award.  The penalty was converted and the match ended 3-3.  Liverpool now sit in second place in the Premier League just two points behind Arsenal.

In the evening we settled down to watch the Blu-Ray of The Mist.  Seen it a couple of times but not for three years and never on Blu-Ray.  A really good, creepy horror film with one of the best endings ever.

Monday morning and we had already decided that we were going to go Cleveleys and meet up with my mum.  It was drizzling with rain almost the entire day but we were not going to let that spoil things.  We got down to Cleveleys and as usual met my mum outside what used to be Cleveleys market and is now going to be a huge Poundland store which has really made both us and the stall holders angry.  It appears that the landlord only gave the stall holders 24 hours notice to clear out (though we don't know the full story).  We did mange to pick up our Christmas ornament in memory of my Auntie Pauline and Uncle Tony who sadly passed away earlier this year.  Its a musical christmas ferris wheel with lights and christmas carols.  They would have loved it !!!!

Got back from there and took the dog for a lovely long walk (it had stopped raining).  In the late afternoon I cleared down emails and ordered some more Christmas presents.  As I am writing this its half time in the F.A.Cup match between Shortwood Town and Port Vale.  Its currently 2-0 to Port Vale.

No comments: