Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 8 November 2013

How I Became

I was born to a life that left a lot to be desired
Taunted and teased by bullies and liars
My school life was hell and how I survived I just don't know
Many times I sat confused and let the tears flow
But I cant hold a grudge for the pain that I suffered
Or the taunts I absorbed and the insults that were muttered
For to me they are my past and I have to say
That is how I became the man I am today

Well my life continued and work life was bad
A sense of not belonging that was driving me mad
I wanted to scream at them all and just run
But I realized the rest of my life had begun
The people I worked with laughed behind my back
They opened a fissure that once was a crack
Well I would like to shake their hand and see what they say
Because that is how I became the man I am today

Well life got so cruel and much did I lose
Life played me an ace that turned out a ruse
For health was the next downhill slope for me
I asked myself then how much worse could it be
The answer came over time and the pain inside grew
I couldn't see the sun or the sky that was blue
Though sometimes I don't understand what I did to be this way
That's how I became the man I am today

Now life is much better and my future so bright
For out of the darkness came my shining light
She taught me about love and what it can do
The pain inside faded and the gray sky turned blue
So forget my childhood, my teens and my life
For my light next year will become my wife
I will look into her eyes and softly say
You are why I am the man I am today

Jason Cotton
08/11/2013

©Sonofdel2013

No comments: