Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 15 November 2013

Lack of Communication

First of all just to finish my last post.  Port Vale won 4-0.

Right moving on.  Tuesday started what can only be described as a prime example of mis-communication within companies.  Tony took us up to Refurb and though we didn't find a wardrobe that was suitable we did find a three seater sofa and chair.  We paid for these and arranged delivery for the following day between 1 and 2 pm.  At the same time I inquired as to whether they could take our old two seater sofa and two chairs which are in really good condition.  We were told that as long as the fire safety labels were on then there would be no problem.  When we got back we checked and found that the fire labels were on and rang to let them know.  They told us that there was no problem then.

Next morning we spent about an hour sorting the living room out and getting the old sofa ready for collection.  Sure enough they turned up at the right time only to inform us that they couldn't take the old furniture because 'they didn't do that'.  They were very helpful and assisted us in getting our old furniture into the front yard (because we don't have room for two lots of furniture in the living room) and also carried in the new furniture and put it exactly where we wanted it (can't fault them there).  After they had gone I rang to arrange a collection with refurb and explained that I was not happy with the wrong information being given.  I received an apology and was told that someone would collect it the next morning between 10 and 11am.  I explained that the item was outside because of lack of room and was told it would not be a problem and they would just collect it from the yard.  The next morning I heard a van pull up and came down to find them sitting in the van writing on a pad.  As they saw me one approached me and informed me that they could not take the furniture because it was wet.  I was furious because I had told them the day before that the furniture was outside.  I am sorry to say that I can do nothing about making sure that it does not rain so the furniture will stay dry.  It rained, the furniture got wet, logical.  I sent an email yesterday and am waiting for a reply.  Will keep you informed if I get a reply.

As well as this I rang the council this morning and tried to arrange a collection from our yard.  I have now been informed that if it is wet it isn't described as a 'large bulky item' but a 'refuse item' and therefore the price will go from £18 to £30 to remove it !!!!!!!!!!!!

The other company I had a run in with this week is the glorious Royal Mail.  We received a card for Debs birthday the other day and when it arrived it was completely open.  It was from Deb's parents and I rang them to inform them of what had happened.  I am glad I did because I found out that Deb's dad had actually taken the card into the Post Office to be weighed so it was definitely sealed when it left there.  I sent an email to the Royal Mail and I got a reply this morning offering their sincere apologies and saying that it should have arrived in one of their plastic bags with a letter of apology for its condition.  At lease they are bothered about their customers and got back to me.

Also on Tuesday we sorted more Christmas presents and as well as going to our local village for a walk and sorting out housework, not a lot else.  On Tuesday night I did not do a lot other than sort emails and general internet stuff.  The Movember campaign is in full flow and the Mo's are growing..............lol

Wednesday and we had to wait in for the furniture.  After if had been delivered we went into town.  Managed to order a wardrobe from argos and fingers crossed its going to be delivered on the 14th December (yeah right).  We also did some more browsing for christmas presents.  We went into Primark and I think their collection of Christmas and Winter clothes are brilliant.  Where else can you get nice warm clothes for the price they sell them.  I know people go on about how the people who make them are paid next to nothing in their country but to be honest not many in this country can afford to be choosy in that respect.  I certainly cannot justify spending £25 on a winter jumper just because its more 'ethical'.  We simply cant afford it !!!

Wednesday night and I watched another football match.  This time it was between Fleetwood Town (just up the road from me) and Carlisle United.  It was a Johnstone Paint trophy game and the winner went into the semi-finals of the Northern Section.  I am pleased to say that Fleetwood Town won 2-0 and for most of the game they played really well.  Go Fleetwood !!!

After the game had finished and I had sorted out more email we settled down to watch a movie and see how comfortable our new three seater sofa was.  The dog was confused as her beloved chair was now outside in the rain.  We watched X-Men Origins:The Wolverine.  Not a bad film and it at least lets you see how he became Wolverine and why he is like he is.  Worth watching if you are a fan of X-Men.

Thursday we had a day in because I was just recovering from a pulled muscle in my back and Deb wasn't feeling too good either.  We did manage to get the dog walked which was the only real exercise we did yesterday.  I did find out one interesting fact on my internet travels.  Apparently there is a new legislation that has come into effect in the last six to eight weeks.  Banks will no longer give a loan to anyone who is solely dependent on state benefits no matter what your circumstances are or how much money you have coming in.  If you are solely dependent on state benefits........................tough.  The thing that makes me laugh about this is if you have a job and take out a loan where is the guarantee that you will have that job for the duration of the loan payments.  Where as if you take someone who is permanently disabled with a guaranteed income because they can never work again they are more of a risk.  Someone please explain this to me.  David Cameron is the worst prime minister in history, he has got to be.  It appears that if you do not work (either because you are a slacker or you are unable to work through disability, to him its the same) then you should not be entitled to a quality of life or the privileges afforded to people who work.  We don't count as part of society because we are not part of his 'big picture'.  Angry, yep.

In the evening I watched the England U21 world cup qualifier against Finland and apart from a lot of show boating from the likes of Zaha and Ravel we played a good game.  Get the win first and then do the showboating surely ?.  We won 3-0 and the likes of Ward-Prowse and Berahino give me high hopes for the future of the England setup.

No comments: