Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 24 November 2013

What I Do Best

Wednesday was a kind of no brainer day as the pulled muscle in my back wouldnt give me any respite.  I spent the day doing as I was told and taking it easy.  Painklillers and warmth were the orders of the day and by the evening It was starting to ease off sufficiently.

Wednesday night I just watched a bit of television and another couple of Clint Eastwood films.

Thursday was always going to be a long day and so it turned out to be.  It started with a 8.30am rise and shine as we were expecting parcel deliveries.  My pc was playing up so I decided to do some maintenance on it.  Turns out it was once again riddled with spyware, though where from I have no idea.  Still it was easily solved and now its back to its best.

Just after midday Janet (Tony's mum) turned up to take me to Morecambe to sort out her pc which was in worse state than mine.  Deb came along to get a bit of time out and the journey there was a pleasant one.  I got there to find out that there were two problems that needed sorting.  The first was that every time Internet Explorer was opened it didn't just open the one page, but seventeen all at the same time.  It had me confused for a while but after some searching through settings and internet pages I found out what was causing the problem.  Strangely it was because of a site called gamewinners.com.  Each game that Janet played logged into explorer memory so every time she opened explorer each game then tried to open in a separate window,  I fixed this by disabling all the game windows in internet setting and add ons.  Second problem was a continual https page protocol warning that appeared every time a new page was opened.  I sorted this by changing privacy and security settings to enable https pages instead of prompting for them.  Once these problems were fixed we had a brew then headed home.

This was not the end of my fixing duties for the day as Janet also had problems with her laptop and when we returned home I set about sorting this out.  Problem here was that some program had infiltrated her system and had changed her home page and her search engine and no matter what she tried to change it wouldn't revert back or allow it to be altered.  It was a virus/spyware program and it was a pain in the ass to sort.  As she was on windows 8 I was a little confused as to how it operated.  I tried to do a system restore but the program must have altered that too because no matter what date I set it too it still kept coming up with that days date for the restore.  I decided to try a new tactic and accepted Microsoft's offer of a free Windows 8.1 upgrade. It took over an hour but when it was finished I managed to get explorer 11 on the system and this has appeared to fix the problem.  So altogether my pc fixing duties took up over seven hours of the day.  After we had talked for a while longer and had several drinks I noticed that it was in fact almost 12.30am !!!!!!!!!!   Talk about time flies........  Needless to say we did nothing else after she had left.......ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz   Earlier that evening I got a call from my mum telling me that Disability Resources were visiting her the next morning and she would have liked someone there to hear what they had to say.  Deb suggested we could be there as the appointment was to be between 9.30am and 12.30pm.  We arranged to be there just after 9.30.

Friday Morning and I awoke to hear the phone ringing.  It was my mum and she suggested we have a taxi as it would take forever to get there on the bus at that time of the morning.  So we did.  Usually when people say between two times its usually towards the latter part of those two hours.  Well its a good job we arrived just after 9.30 because the woman from DR turned up about 9.50 (good timing or what ).  Well my mum was told about all the help that is available for her, from walking aids to vitaline, from hand rails to risers for the furniture.  I had put her in touch with them because they were excellent when it came to sorting me out with the same things.  After sorting out her computer (yes again) and having a drink we decided to kill two birds with one stone and go into town to get some more christmas presents.  Argos were their usual self at this time of year.  Two items needed, one in stock, one not.............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  Anyway there are a lot of places we can get the other one so not too much of a problem.

I kind of goofed a bit on friday afternoon and after talking to Sarah for thirty minutes and my sister for another forty minutes I realised that we had missed the village Christmas lights switch on, that's me talking again.  Deb was quite understanding if not a little disappointed.  I could have kicked myself but knowing my luck I would have missed.  The evening didn't bring a lot other than me watching The Enforcer.  Third in the Dirty Harry films it teams him with Tyne Daly (Cagney & Lacey) as a rookie Lieutenant and has them pitting their wits with a deranged terrorist who kidnaps the mayor and kills Harry's partner.  Not the best of the films but its still a gritty portrayal of the era and well worth watching.

Well Saturday brought the season's first Merseyside Derby between Everton and Liverpool at Goodison Park and it proved to be one of the most entertaining for years.  It started frantic and that's how it continued.  Liverpool took the lead through Coutinho after Everton left him unmarked from a corner.  Everton equalised soon after with Kevin Mirallas getting a similar goal from a free kick flick on.  In the first half Mirallas should have been sent of for a horrendous high tackle on Suarez that left the striker with two stud marks on his leg (side of his knee).  Soon after Suarez put Liverpool 2-1 up with a superb free kick that left goalkeeper Tim Howard helpless.  Mignolet was kept busy with a string of saves but Liverpool led 2-1 at half time.  Second half and once again it was end to end.  Mignolet was outstanding on several occasions but was eventually beaten by Lukako who first side footed home to equalise and then rose above a static defence to head Everton into the lead.  Liverpool had already missed guilt edged chances to wrap up the game and it looked like they were going to be punished.  However with eighty-nine minutes on the clock Sturridge met a Gerrard cross and headed into the Everton goal to make it 3-3 and that's the way it ended.  What a game!!!!!

After this had finished I watched the Stoke v Sunderland game and thought that Stoke played well and deserved their 2-0 win.  I cant really understand why Brown got sent off for Sunderland.  Still baffled now.

In the evening I watched The Gauntlet.  Another gritty Eastwood film where he is assigned to get a witness (Sondra Locke) to city hall to testify against what turns out to be a police commissionaire.  There is lots of action and more bullets fired than in any film I have ever seen.  After this was done I moved onto the next film in the boxset which is the highly hilarious Every Which Way But Loose.  Here Eastwood plays a character called Philo Beddo, a bare knuckle fighter who makes his living that way.  His friends are a man called Orville and a Orangutan called Clyde.  Its Clyde that makes for most of the hilarious moments in this film.  It spawned a sequel called Any Which Way You Can and this was just as funny.

By the time this finished it was almost 2.00am so didnt do anything else other than sleeeeeeeeeeeppppppp.

Sunday morning and there was not a lot to do.  Did some emails and sorted some stuff on the internet.  In the early afternoon we went for a walk to Lidl and Farmfoods and I missed the Man City v Tottenham game and in a way I am glad to say I did.  I am sorry but I dont care how good your opponents are you should not lose 6-0.  It is an embarrassment and as professionals they should be ashamed of themselves.  I know Liverpool have sometimes played bad but to lose 6-0 against a team that is in the same league as you is just plain ridiculous.

I did get to watch another good match that kicked of at 4.00pm.  It was Cardiff v Man Utd.  It ended 2-2 and was very entertaining.  One thing I cant understand is how a player can openly kick another player, the referee sees it and still only gets a yellow card.  Thats two in two days, first Mirallas and then Rooney.  I know sometimes people say its a pay off or its not what you know its who you know and how the referees give decisions its no wonder people feel this way.  Be consistent that is all we want.

No comments: