Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 16 October 2009

Daily Poem

A Shared Dream

When the dark reaches out like an abusive hand
And the world doesn’t seem such a friendly place
Call my name, hear my voice and I will be there
When you need someone to hold onto
In a world that is crumbling at your feet
I will be the one that thinks like you do
And I will share your dreams

As you walk down the street seeing despair
Growing from the path and reaching high and wide
In the eyes of those that beg for money
Are tears that you hoped you would never see
And your heart will think this world a bad place
Open your eyes from the nightmare
And share your dreams with me

Its a world where hope washes away
Like tears in the rain it will dissolve
And grief is the word on all the lips that try to speak
Where has the world that you once knew gone?
Are you there to face it on your own?
Dont ever fear that your world is over
Share your dreams with me

You want to see a world where people still cry
But the only tears are ones of joy not pain
Where wars are not fought and lives not taken
Where nations smile at each other
Without hiding from the prejudice
It’s not too much a thing to want
I want it too
Share your dreams with me

©sonofdel

No comments: