Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Saturday 17 October 2009

Daily Poem

A Week Of Dreams

Monday I dreamt of flying high and free
The clouds rolled by and the sun shone down on me
The birds flew with me and I followed their course
And I opened my eyes on a new day

Tuesday I dreamt I was swimming oceans so blue
The current was carrying me further and further
My body tried to keep me afloat but failed
I was drowning and the sunlight woke me once more

Wednesday I was a living flame, searing, scorching
Everything I touched burned and blackened
Smoldering ash surrounded me and yet still I burned
The heat made me wince and I woke to a cool room

Thursday my dream was strange for I was alone
I walked down streets I recognized but didn’t know
I saw people looking at me through eyes of knowing
It made me scared and I woke in tears

Friday I dreamt I was in a crowd, not moving just staying
No sound could be heard and the silence deafened me
Everyone looked the same except one face I couldn’t quite see
I tried to move toward it but again my eyes betrayed my sleep

Saturday I tried to figure out what my week of dreams meant
The flying I think is the feeling I get when I see you
The drowning is the way I feel when you tell me you love me
The burning is your touch that enflames me from within

I know I was alone and feeling insecure until the day we met
I felt like an alien in a world of people, strange and unfriendly
You were the stranger in the crowd I could not quite reach
And now you are here with me all the crowds disappear

I reach for you when I wake and I know I need dream no more

©sonofdel

No comments: