Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Saturday 24 October 2009

Daily Poem

Cold Sheets

The place where you used to lie
Nothing there now, nothing but space
And I wrap them around me to seek warmth
I need to hide from these cold sheets

Turning over I picture you
The way your hair lay softly on your pillow
The way your closed eyes moved in a dreamlike trance
And I remember you
And now all I have are cold sheets

Tears fall from my eyes like memories
Dreams of what was is no more
And I look to the ceiling and wonder
What now, where do I go from here
And there is no comfort in these cold sheets

The memories turn my mind to slush
As the rain that is here once again chills me
The wind howls in my mind and screams of anguish escape me
But there is no peace for me this night
I seek solace in these cold sheets

©sonofdel

No comments: