Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Monday 19 October 2009

Daily Poem

Almost time

The days since we spoke seem to have flown
And yet they have dragged on if that makes sense
Meals which were tasty now seem to be stale
Water it refreshes me not, strange world
Your voice on the phone and I hear it then for hours
Thinking of you, wanting to be with you
Wondering what it will be like when we meet
Will I make a fool of myself, wow what a thought?

Probably drop something in the café where we are meeting
Spill drink down me, oh man the embarrassment
What a beautiful introduction that would be
Me standing up and a wet patch on my trousers
Must not think like that, it will be a good day
Sorted out the transport, know where I am going
Wonder if you will like me when at last we meet
All questions, but as yet no answers

Almost time and I am sitting here waiting
My mind wonders aimlessly to the décor on the walls
And then I hear a voice say ‘hello’ and suddenly
I know that the mystery is almost over
I turn and there you stand, more beauty than I have seen
Your voice so soft and gentle, a whisper on the breeze
And although that first glance is mere seconds
I know that you are the one I have waited for

©sonofdel

No comments: