Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Thursday 15 October 2009

Daily Poem

A Dream ??

And the devils they came, in coaches of flame
To devour the flesh of the living
To destroy all the people that walked on the earth
The kind, the good and the giving

And as they rode, they destroyed and the land it burned
And the flames grew higher and higher
And the burning smell of the skin and the flesh
Made a mountain, a funeral pyre

And pestilence wrought the world with disease
As plague after plague they came
And the people they writhed in the agonies of pain
As each sought another to blame

For the world was ending, in death and decay
And the evil had won the war
And questions went unanswered, and prayers unheard
As the earth suffered like never before

Foul creatures they came, with a liking for pain
And a yearning to hear mankind cry
And they appeared to grin as they reveled in sin
And watched as the people did die

As I woke from the dream with tears in my eyes
I heard a sound like never before
I opened the curtains and peered into the day
And could not believe what I saw

There were creatures I hoped I never would see
There were devils clothed In the skin of the dead
A grotesque parody of man clawed at the glass
As a creature scythed of his head

A woman she screamed as the devils bore down
And others they cowered in fear
But the cries of the devils and the creatures they brought
Were the only sounds I could hear

I told myself quickly that It was just a dream
As the walls around me crumbled and fell
Then the reality hit me like a lightning strike
The earth had really become hell

The flames they were real and the devils were too
The street was full of people ablaze
And I said a prayer as I felt the heat touch my flesh
And said goodbye to the rest of my days

© sonofdel

No comments: