Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Daily Poem

Autumn Metamorphosis

I turn my collar as i walk
The wind sings a different tune to me
As the clouds carry it away
The breeze gathers pace
I walk faster though not by choice
And the grey clouds mark my course

I have noticed the view from my window
I can see further now than a month ago
The trees and bushes are shedding their clothing
And making a window of autumn for me
The greens have become brown and fall like a carpet
I walk on them and they crunch in resignation

Children hurry past me now
Home to where the heat welcomes them
Like a trusted friend it waits
Dark nights welcome me earlier too
Moonlight reflects from newly formed puddles of rain
More is in the air
I feel it as i walk

Seasons come and go and autumn is here
Transforming the landscape to a barren place
The naked branches throw their arms up as another breeze blows
And yet more leaves resign themselves to its might
They swirl around my feet and legs
A myriad of colours
A carpet of rainbow

The cold is here and i see my breath

©sonofdel

No comments: