Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Saturday 12 November 2011

Corners


We come to them worried, which way to turn
What lessons are here, how much to learn
Is this the way, where will it lead
Will this make me fail or will I succeed

They are corners we come to, turn them some do
And sometimes they lead to a future so blue
And sometimes we find that they lead us to joy
But decisions we make, our lives can destroy

Take mine for instance the corner I found
Should I stay ever wondering or should I go round
This was the choice that was lying for me
To stay in my past, or my new destiny

Well the corner I turned, and there you were waiting
With your smile and your warmth so alive and invigorating
And still there are corners I come to in life
And some they are treacherous like the blade of a knife

But these corners hold no fear with you by my side
For with our eyes wide open, we fear not nor hide
For together we are stronger and the decisions we make
Will be ours forever on this journey we take

©Sonofdel 2011

This is another of those poems that is basically about the decisions we make in life (or dont make).  Someone once said it is better to die regretting things you did rather than regretting things you didnt.  This just illustrates that all life is full of corners and some we are too scared to turn.

No comments: