Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 20 November 2011

Noise

Oh no, the phone is ringing
Aagh!! The birds have started singing
The workmen drilling down the road
The croaking of an early toad

Clinking bottles from the milkman
A school kid kicking a rusty can
The papergirl makes such a noise
Screamed abuse from a bunch of boys

Television blaring, I can hear
I wish they would all just disappear
They shout and scream and run about
I wish, the noise, I could lock out

I tried counting sheep, but they just bleated
I told myself I would not be defeated
So with my last ounce of patience, I covered my head
Then my mum shouted ‘come on, time to get out of bed’

©Sonofdel 2011

Well everyone can relate to this.  You know one of those days where you just want to sleep and no matter what you try there is always some noise making sure you dont.  Well this is one of those days.

No comments: