Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Who

Who will stand at my grave and cry silent tears
To bounce on my coffin like the rain I shall never feel again
Who will say words to comfort those left
To say what I did and how much a man was I
They lie
I am nothing never have been
I live, I breathe, I die, this is me

My heart beat will stop but it’s been dead all my life
My breath no more, but the coldness is there now
Who will be there to remember my voice?
Who will hear my words night after night?
I did no wrong
Why am I punished?

My pain will be gone and who will remember
I walked with them all, rain sleet or snow
I talked them out of their problems
And yet they didn’t see mine
Joker, fool, friend, a laugh, but who
Who will remember the real me?

©Sonofdel 2011

Wrote this on another of my not-so-good days.  I needed someone and there didnt seem to be anyone there for me.  I wondered just who in my life actually knew ME..............not who people wanted me to be...........not who people thought I was.................but ME

No comments: