Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Thursday 3 November 2011

Journey To Peace


Don’t you think that life’s depressing?
People at war and others stressing
Inventions made and tested free
A nuclear warhead made for me
A smile but behind it lies
A million tears a baby cries
Life isn’t fair there’s just no way
I don’t like it here and I won’t stay

This ticket was bought with no destination
I would return without hesitation
The journey seems pointless when the truth is told
A life lived in fear is a life lived in cold
There are no reasons, there’s no path to follow
Don’t listen to promises, for the stories are hollow
Life isn’t right, there’s no way out
So just let me scream, just let me shout

So tag me with silence and forgive what I say
But I don’t like this life that I live every day
It just doesn’t seem that the end product is good
Am I just a bad loser or am I misunderstood
Let me reach out and maybe I will find
The courage to open my eyes that are blind
And then maybe you will be like me in the end
Take the journey with me and become my friend

©sonofdel 2011

Wrote this because I was sick of hearing bad news all the time.  This was written at a time when everything in my life was looking bleak and there werent many positives.  Obviously a very long time ago.

No comments: