Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Monday 7 November 2011

Six months


They told me, but it’s not sunk in
I can’t accept it
It’s just a dream, tell me I’m dreaming
There must be some mistake, surely

How can I be dying?
I don’t drink, I don’t smoke
I’ve never done anything bad
It can’t be me, I’m only twenty

I’ve had no life yet, done nothing
I’m learning to drive
My girlfriends expecting our baby
I’ve just been promoted at work

Five months they tell me
Six at the most
I won’t get to see my child
No twenty first birthday for me

A brain tumour that’s what I’ve got
It’s malignant I’m sorry
My mum is crying, my dad is quiet
My girlfriend holds me tight and tells me she loves me

It’s just not fair, life’s so cruel
I’ve had hundreds of sympathy cards
I only went to the doctors because my head hurt
Would it be better to die of ignorance, well would it?

©Sonofdel 2011

 

Wrote this one day after reading about a young man who had been told he had a brain tumour and that he wouldnt get to see his 21st birthday.  I kind of got to trying to imagine how I would cope with being told such a horrible piece of news.  I cant really imagine, but this is my best guess.

No comments: