Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Thursday 3 November 2011

Love Flowers


The rose it was planted by the wall beneath the tree
And the birds hummed around it as did the bee
It was planted that day to memorize my love
For you it was planted, my gift from above

Like our love it grew, slowly at first
And then as time went on, into flower it burst
And the summers they came and the winters did too
To pay respect to the flower I planted for you

Well the rose as we know can be thorny when touched
And like love it can hurt you and harm you so much
But this flower never hurt me and the thorns caused no pain
So I smile as I remember that sweet love again

Well the years have gone quickly and the flower has died
And I remember the anguish and the tears that I cried
But the love that we share grows stronger each day
As the wind blows the petals so far and away

So my flower believe me the words that I say
This rose that we planted grows stronger each day
For with each kiss, caress, each word softly said
Grows the flower of love with its petals so red

©sonofdel 2011

This was written for Deb on of the Valentines cards I brought for her. I write something like this each year and even though people would think it must get harder to write her something new each year.  It gets easier becuse I only have to look at her and it inspires me.

No comments: