Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 14 October 2011

Busy Day

Well I got up in the morning and did usual. 
An hour later and a knock at the door.  Well more a knock through the door really.  God it was loud.  I heard the Luftwaffe used to make less noise than that when they were bombing.  It was a parcel from my sis (adopted hee hee).  Enclosed within was.
2 T-shirts (1 for me and 1 for Deb)
2 key rings (1 for me and 1 for Deb) Are you getting the pattern here?
2 fridge magnets (1 for Deb and 1 for my mum)
1 Dragon book mark (mineeeeee)
1 Fifa 11 (returned) LOL
1 Birthday present and card (not mine) lol
2 Christmas presents (1 for me and 1 for Deb) there's that pattern again !
2 Christmas cards (both for me and Deb)
and various other bits I cant say cause eyes might be watching. shhhhhhhh

Sarah had been over to Texas on holiday and had a veeeeeeeeeeery good time (quote).  The t-shirts were ace (we fought over them lol),  The fridge magnet is adorning our frdge as I write/type.  The key rings in front of me.  She is Ace.........LOL

Then found out the those nice people at the OU had paid me money for resources on my course.  Well I decided (with no persuasion from my fiancee Deb) that I really needed a netbook. Just something small enough so that I could sit anywhere I felt like and just write (or talk).  Ok this decided, I now had to find one I liked.

Well I decided to check out the god site (namely argos).  It was good to see that they had some offers on netbooks and after about twenty minutes I found the one that I wanted (taking into accout hard drive size, processor, colour etc......lol).  Not a bad price at £199.  So I went through all the process of adding it to my basket and filling out all my details.  All plain sailing right?  WRONG !!!!

After getting to the final pages of looking where in my area the item was in stock it told me to enter my postcode, which I duly did.  Then it informed me that the area!!!! didnt exist.  So I tried entering the town, same again.  Tried several more times and different variations, fy, lancashire, layton etc........ still nothing.  By this time I was losing patience and so decided to call customer services to see if they could help me.  I was then informed.........wait for it..........the computers were down and that they were sorry.  They also advised me to try again in a couple of hours as everything would be ok (tbc)

So while I was waiting I did a couple more surveys, replied to some coursework comments and decided to order us a hard drive.  Debs laptop is almost full and I dont have much space left on mine either.  Well I went onto amazon and started a search...typed in hard drive......listed computer accesories.......then I accidently put them into price order.............WOW
There was an item on amazon that was £61,000 pounds to buy and it wasnt a misprint !!!!!!!!!!  It was a 78 bay item that was 64 tetra bytes in size.....£64,000 couldnt believe it.
Anyway I decided on a decent 1TB hard drive for around the £70 mark (I checked the bank and we were just short of the £61,000 .......lol)

Right back to the argos saga.....
About two hours later and I retry my order and this time it lets me get further.......yayyyyyyyy...........no yay.  I type in my town and it lists seven stores in the north west, all out of stock and the item isnt avalable for delivery.  I grunt and try another area and same conclusion.  By this time I am .....slightly miffed shall we say.  I try another seven locations from Cambridge to Newcastle and all of them are out of stock.  It then shows me a box that asks me 'If I would like to be sent a text message when the item is back in stock please click here'.  I clicked.............................blank white page, I refreshed, blank white page, three more tries. I gave up.
Went on Ebay and got the same netbook, brand new and sealed, free delivery, £180.......typical eh
Well the rest of the day did nothing but mess about on the internet and chat on the phone.  Didnt read when I went bed.........too tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm just glad you l;iked you're pressies :)