Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Friday 21 October 2011

Robbery


Well I lie here battered and bruised
So scared stiff and so confused
Can not speak, body is sore
What happened, tell me I implore

My ribs are broke, my body numb
Of my wife, what has become
We’ve been together forty years
Oh god, I remember stop the tears

The noise we heard as we lay in bed
The shouting, then pain in my head
I watched in vain as they beat her skull
And at her hair they began to pull

Money they wanted, but none we had got
So they beat her more, what could I do? What?
I am not the man I used to be
Age has taken its toll on me

All I could do was wait my turn
As the anger inside me made me burn
The nurses look sad and a policeman stands
And at last I finally understand

My wife is gone. I am all alone
From my swollen lips there escapes a moan
My world is finished nothing left for me
I want to die, I hope they see

©sonofdel 2011

Wrote this because I read all the time of old people being beaten, robbed, mugged even raped.  Its a sad world and I cant even begin to think how they must feel when these events happen.  I also can't and don't want to imagine how it makes the protagonists feel either.  Again sorry for sensitive nature of poem.


No comments: