Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Wednesday 19 October 2011

I Had Dreams

Where have the years gone?
Did I miss something?
Have I slept and cant remember?
I remember being a child
And then I remember starting out on my lifes journey
But I must have got lost somewhere
For I don’t remember it
I had dreams

I wanted my life to be an adventure
I wanted new horizons to welcome me
A life of pleasure and discovery
But it never happened
Don’t get me wrong
I love my life
But what happened?
I had dreams

At twenty I dreamt of a career
And marriage and kids
And what I would do with my twenties
But the years disappeared
And suddenly I was thirty
And I looked back at what I couldn’t see
Strange isn’t it
I had dreams

Now I am thirty nine
I am in love and my life is good
My views may have changed
And so has my life
But I can say in truth
That my life will get even better
For I have dreams

©sonofdel 2011

Well this poem was written because we all look back at our lives at some point and say where did all the years go.  We all start of with hopes and dreams and we are under the illusion that if we reach a certain age and havent fulfilled them then we are a failure.  I dont believe that.  I believe that we still have hopes and dreams, just now they have changed.

No comments: