Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Sunday 23 October 2011

Mystery of Cornwall


O mysterious place that beckons me
As I walk on sand of purest gold
And marvel at the splendour of the crashing waves
Please rocks forgive them for their constant pounding
As the ocean beckons the tide to return
And the pure gold turns to darkest bronze
And once again the land is free
So tell me what draws me here?
Why do I return again and again?

What joys of nature can I see?
O beautiful land so ancient yet new
Against the sun you glow so bright
As orange rays cascade down on you
Forever know that my heart lies here
And no matter where in this world I go
My heart remains in your magnificent splendour
O Cornwall land of beauty

©sonofdel 2011

I wrote this after my first holiday way back in 1995.  I just think that Cornwall is so laid back and peaceful.  Anyone who has ever been there will know what i mean and if you havent, try and go.  Its where we want to live eventually.  It has some of the most beautiful scenery and quaint little harbour towns.

No comments: