Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Thursday 27 October 2011

Too Scared

Phobia what is that about, not me I scare for none
Spiders they don’t bother me, nor do the rays of sun
Closed spaces scare me just as much as dirt or specks of dust
And I can’t understand afraid of heights, you do believe me I trust
And fear of water doesn’t do a thing to stop me swimming
And agoraphobia is another one, I aren’t scared of men or women

Maybe there is a fear I sort of have, but its nothing believe me
It’s something that we look at long and never do we see
The dark it reaches out to me with fingers cold and black,
It takes my shadow, buries me, and takes me of my track,
It festers in my heart and soul and punishes me with shame,
The fear of darkness approaching me, please tell me who’s to blame

To be so scared of something like this makes me feel a fool
I just am not scared of anything and that has always been the rule
Well the darkness is here once more and from it I will hide
Don’t tell a soul about my fear.  I have still got my pride
Its like there’s something in the dark, it chills me to the bone
The creeping feeling in my flesh, I know I am not alone

©sonofdel 2011

Well here we go with another poem that was written after talking to some of my friends years ago.  We were all discussing phobias and what we were actually afraid of.  The phobias ranged from spiders, moths and beetles to closed spaces, people, and flying.  Of course there was one there who reckoned he wasnt afraid of anything.  Strange that he cringed when we mentioned the dark.

No comments: