Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Hard Work

Ok started Monday of as just another day.  It was wet, windy and cold and I wasnt going anywhere.........lol.  Did the usual check of email and then did a few surveys, uploaded barcodes for shopandscan etc.......

Wrote a new poem and its below this post.

Went onto my OU course website and read some other students work, made a few comments and also read a few comments about my own work.  I know I was a little nervous about whether I was as 'educated' as the other people on my course, but now that has passed as I realise my writing isnt as bad as I thought.  I had to write a 500 word start to a story and the comments so far have been very positive, so much so that I might well adapt it into a book.

I spent all afternoon submitting my poems to online magazines and entering competitions.  I have finally decided that its time I tried to get my work published and recognized.  I dont want to end my life thinking 'I wonder if I could ever have written that book, or if I could have had some of my poems published'.  Sitting on my ass pondering what if's are a thing of the past, now i am doing instead !!!

I have a Blackberry phone and at about 1pm yesterday it suddenly stopped receving emails (I know because I sent a test email from my yahoo account and it arrived online but not on my phone).  I wondered if it was the phone playing up and left it for a few hours.  At about 6pm I noticed it still wasnt receiving so I went onto google and decided to search the problem.  I found various solutions (from taking the battery out, to resetting up the network) and nothing worked.  'Unperturbed by this minor hiccup to my investigation' (grandad quote out of only fools and horses) I decided to call Virgin and find out if they had a solution.  Good job I did........lol
It appears that some signal station or something in Slough had gone down and wiped out the entire Blackberry network !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway it came back at about ten o'clock last night and its been ok since (fingers crossed).

Ok time for you to interact so to speak.   I am thinking of doing a kind of online short story and maybe putting a page on here each day, what do you think?  Do you think it would be cool?  Would you read it?  Please leave a comment and let me know and if there is enough interest I will do it.

Didnt do a lot else for the rest of the evening, couple of surveys and some more reading of peoples work on my course.  Finished up with a beer and some Pogo time before going to bed and reading another couple of chapters of Under the Dome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would deffo read it!!! xx