Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Nice quiet day (for a change)


When I got up today it was quite dull and cold.  Had to go town as needed to buy and post some birthday cards.  While down town picked up the clint 35 boxset (see one of my previous posts).  It looks good and will let you know in future posts.

Came home and spent most of the afternoon preparing my TMA01.  Wrote a poem that was 48 lines and then realised I had to cut it down to 36 lines maximum.  The thing is I had to delete lines while still keeping the poem flowing and making sense.  I didnt want to lose any of the emotional impact I was looking for and that was difficult.  In the end I decided to move some lines too so it didnt look disjointed from having the other lines deleted and I am quite pleased with the result. The hardest thing is having to write a 'commentary' on how I planned, researched, and wrote the final poem.  I dont often research my poetry but this time it did help to get an incite into the subject matter.  I will publish it on here at a later date once it is no longer my TMA01.

In the evening I got a little bored and watched the Brighton v West Ham game.  Not a bad game and there were lots of chances.  Kevin Nolan scored the only goal of the game in the first half.  Brighton pressed in the second half but they were very wasteful with the chances they did get.  In the final few minutes West Ham could have scored again but Brighton were better defending than attacking.

We started to watch season 3 of Fringe (3 episodes).  Anyone who hasnt seen it, I would recommend it.  If you like your programs straight forward and easy to follow, DONT watch Fringe.  If on the other hand you like a bit of sci-fi that stretches your imagination, then this is the program for you.  Wont give anymore away other than you wont be disappointed.  ***** (5 stars)

Again didnt read (must start reading again), was too tired.

No comments: