Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Thursday 13 October 2011

Not A Bad Day

Woke up came down, had cup of tea, did email, did surveys........yawn yawn.

As there were three birthdays in four days in my sisters family me and Deb decided to have a slow walk up to her house.  It was raining a little, well spotting really.  It was a rather pleasant walk up, until we found out that our normal route onto my sisters estate was covered in roadworks.  They were re-tarmaccing the roads and the stench was horrible.  We managed to skirt around the worst of it and spent a nice couple of hours in the company of my sister Paula, her husband Andy and our youngest nephew Alex (who spent most of our visit fast asleep......lol)

A nice slow walk back and more surveys later..............................

It was 8.30pm (there must be something about that time) and I got attacked by the writing bug again and so I wrote the second page of my story.  Managed to write about 1000 words so it was quite a productive night.

Then I had one of the funniest conversations I think I have ever had. 
I hadnt meant to play a joke, but I ended up doing.
I will set the scene.........
I phoned my friend (no names but they know who they are) and we started talking. 
His fiance in the background was going on about how full she felt as they had just eaten a huge chinese meal.
He told her to measure her waist. 
She then came out with (and I cant believe she did) 'How do i measure my waist?' !!!!!!!!!
So me quick as a flash and sarcstic to the core said 'Measure around your ankle and times it by five' (dont know why I said that, it was the first thing that came to my warped mind. 
Thinking I would get told to pi@@ off I waited. 
All of a sudden my mate cant talk for laughing and I wonder what is up. 
He informs me that his fiancee is measuring around her ankle while asking 'What has this got to do with your waist'. 
Of course I was gone, laughter, tears you name it, I couldnt stop myself.  Ten minutes before the poor woman realised I was joking..........LOL

Later that evening we watched another two episodes of Bones Season 6 (Episode 20 and 21)......Went bed read a few pages then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

No comments: