Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween


I stare at a grinning vegetable
Its teeth fixed in a demonic grin
From within a single candle glows
Its eyes light with a distant fire
The orange skin takes on a subtle hue
As the candle burns yet brighter

A small hand upsets my vision
And the tiny handle is gripped
I turn and a vampire faces me
Its face twisted in an evil grin
Twin spots of blood adorn the chin
The teeth long and pointed
But the eyes give it away
For behind the mask the eyes are innocent and childlike
And I can see them smiling at me

The mask is lifted and I see my child
Eyes full of joy like I remember mine were
The trident clasped in one hand the pumpkin in the other
A cloak with pockets to gather the night’s bounty
A knock at the door and I look down the hall
As Frankenstein enters our house and says hello
Two more fiends wait on the door step
And I hear the laughter that can only belong to a child
I get a final hug and then I see back of the cape
As it makes its way on its long journey

Halloween and the night is full of wonder
I walk to the door just in time to see the many creatures that the night has produced
Werewolves, vampires and witches decorate the street
A mirage of blurred colour and dazzling costumes
And I smile within remembering the innocence

©Sonofdel 2011

Well the topic speaks for itself but I wrote this because I was thinking what it was like growing up (halloween wasnt that popular) but I do remember the excitement of trick or treat and its good to see that children still want to dress up and make a good thing of it.  Boooooooooooooooooooooo


No comments: