Made It

Smashbomb Smashbomb Genius

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Examining the Grass

I see them walking, talking, laughing
I hear them, voices high like a scream
Some low like distant thunder
Walking slow as if in mourning
Or racing like the world is ending
The busy ants that are really people
And I stand and watch them pass me

Looking out with distant gaze
Happy eyes from smiling faces
Worrying frowns from puzzled brows
Hidden aspects, sealed behind tinted eyes
Only truth is known in each one
The lies of a million lives
Maybe seen in every face
And they pass me on their many journeys

This life, a lawn with a million blades of grass
Each one an adventure, an island or an ocean
Each ant that walks this life, has a tale to tell
And I stand, sometimes I sit
Watching them, wondering if to them I am an ant too
And the lawn of their lives intertwines with mine
And still I examine the grass

©sonofdel 2011

Ok here goes, this poem came to me after talking to Debbie about something she used to do with her friends called 'people watching'.  Basically you watch everyone that passes and make up lives for them, imagine scenarios, give them jobs etc...  Well this is something along the same lines, its basically saying that everyones life is an adventure to someone.  Sometimes a good one, sometimes bad, sometimes boring, sometimes exciting, but always an adventure.

No comments: